It’s my first weekly menu of the new year!! My kids have been in Guatemala on an amazing mission trip over the past week, so there was no need to make a menu last week!!! My kids have such amazing, giving hearts and it brings me so much pride to see them helping change people’s lives. Working with Constru Casa is a life changing experience & I hope to make it back there myself very soon!!! Here are some pictures of their experience!
Out to eat
These are super, super easy & here is what you need~
3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
1 Ranch seasoning packet (or use a homemade version-1T dried parsley, 1tsp garlic powder, 1tsp onion powder, 1tsp dried onion flakes, 3/4tsp dill, 1/2tsp pepper, and 1/2 tsp salt)
*Throw everything in the crockpot, Cook on low all day, at least 8 hours
Holy Cow- it doesn’t get much easier than that!!
Shrimp, Sausage & Grits
- 1 lb shrimp (I personally like getting the pre cooked, deveined you can find behind the meat counter)
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 package of Smoked sausage precooked then cut into thick slices (I use the one that is the big giant link that is shaped like a big U)
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 T butter
- Heat skillet with butter. Saute garlic for a few minutes. Add shrimp and Old Bay seasoning. Shrimp cook FAST & if you have the precooked ones then you are really just warming them quickly. Remove from the pan but keep them warm.
- Add more butter to pan, then add the cut up sausage. Just lightly brown it. Then add back in your shrimp that you have been keeping warm. After cooking that all together for about 1 minute, add the 1/4 cup of water and cook for 30 seconds. Make sure you scrap the pan to loosen the little brown bits.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quick cook grits
- 1 cup of milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- dash of hot sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Bring water to a boil
- Stir in grits- cover & simmer for about 5 minutes
- Stir in the milk then remove from heat
- Add the rest of the ingredients
Add some cheese grits to your plate, then put the shrimp and sausage mixture over the grits- enjoy!!!
Chili & cinnamon rolls
The basic Chili recipe I follow is:
- 2-3 lbs of meat this time I wanted to make extra so I used 2 lbs ground beef and 1 lb of ground pork (you can also use bison, bacon, or steak)
- 1/2 yellow onion & clove of garlic (diced)
- 2 cans of tomato sauce
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 2 cans of beans (I used chili & black beans)
- spices- a mixture of chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt & pepper.
Heat pan with olive oil & sauté diced onion and garlic
Add ground beef and pork until cooked through
Add beans, sauce, tomatoes, & spices
If you can, put all in a crockpot and let it all cook together for several hours
- I will use Coconut Aminos instead of the Soy Sauce
- Serve with your choice of rice
Don’t forget to stop by Organizing Junkie’s blog for even MORE meal ideas!! Thanks so much for stopping by! & Happy Meal planning!
***Some of the links in my posts contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link. I pinky promise I will always give my honest opinion of any product and would never recommend something if I did not use it and love it!!