Anyone else a little freaked out about this eclipse thing? I kind of just want to hide in the bathroom for 2 hours until it’s over!! Regardless… meal planning must go on! This week we are having:
Monday~ Crockpot Meal- Beef Tips with some rice and broccoli
Wednesday~ Buffalo Chicken Casserole (another one of my favorites from Paleomg)
Thursday~ Whole Chicken crockpot meal- this is a new one for me but I bought a whole chicken from a local farm & I am going to just”wing it” (get it 🙂 )
Saturday~ Philly cheese steaks with cauliflower rice
Sunday~ BLEATS- if you don’t know what these are you are truly missing out. Imagine a traditional BLT’s but you add an egg(fried) and avocado. They are pretty much one of the most amazing things you’ll ever have, so you should definitely try it if you haven’t.
Meal planning tips:
- Have themed nights
- For us that is Monday Crockpot meals, Taco Tuesdays and BLEATS on Sundays
- This takes the guess work out a few nights
- Have a list of all the meals that you make & reference it while you are meal planning
- While you are meal planning, make your grocery list at the same time
- If you have time, do some prepping. Even just setting aside a couple of hours to make up a bunch of taco meat, or chop all the veggies you need for the week. You will be amazed at how much time it will save you when making dinner.
- Having a template for meal planning has helped me so much! I have tried different things but this The Organized Family Menu Planner has been what works the best for us! It gives a place for meals, snacks, and a grocery list.
It is amazing how much smoother our whole week goes when I take the time to plan our meals for the week. What tips do you have for meal planning? What ideas work best for your household?
Thanks for stopping by!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.